Vapor phase corrosion inhibitors (VpCI) provide an effective protection solution against corrosion processes; These compounds have a sufficient vapor pressure (10-3 to 10-5 mm Hg at 20ºC) to achieve their vaporization and consequently their subsequent condensation and adsorption on the metal surface, forming a mono-molecular layer that allows passivation against aggressive agents.
· It does not require regeneration, it is effective for 24 months.
· If the VpCI layer is disturbed by opening the enclosure or by moisture, it regenerates to provide continuous protection.
· Protected equipment can be used immediately.
· The action in the vapor phase protects inaccessible and hidden surfaces.
· The protected products can be sent to the customers without removing the VpCI layer, since they do not require degreasers or previous cleaning for the use of the products.
· It does not require spraying, drying baths or immersion of the surfaces to be protected.
· They do not contain nitrites.
· Products under MIL standards for military use.
Scheme that graphically shows the mechanism of action of the VCI molecules on the metal surface. The arrangement is detailed as a monomolecular layer, in which each of the VCI molecules that have condensed on the surface are arranged.