The anticorrosive protection in metallic elements in short and long-term storage and in shipping has a high importance in today’s world, the perfect state of the final material to serve the customer is one of the great quality premises that any manufacturer must to impose on their products.
VpCI vapor phase corrosion inhibitors allow effective protection of metals with the following added benefits:
Vapor phase corrosion inhibitors (VpCI) provide an effective protection solution against corrosion processes; These compounds have a sufficient vapor pressure (10-3 to 10-5 mm Hg at 20ºC) to achieve their vaporization and consequently their subsequent condensation and adsorption on the metal surface, forming a mono-molecular layer that allows passivation against aggressive agents.
· It does not require regeneration, it is effective for 24 months.
· If the VpCI layer is disturbed by opening the enclosure or by moisture, it regenerates to provide continuous protection.
· Protected equipment can be used immediately.
· The action in the vapor phase protects inaccessible and hidden surfaces.
· The protected products can be sent to the customers without removing the VpCI layer, since they do not require degreasers or previous cleaning for the use of the products.
· It does not require spraying, drying baths or immersion of the surfaces to be protected.
· They do not contain nitrites.
· Products under MIL standards for military use.
Scheme that graphically shows the mechanism of action of the VCI molecules on the metal surface. The arrangement is detailed as a monomolecular layer, in which each of the VCI molecules that have condensed on the surface are arranged.